Seen & Heard – What you might be missing
Seen & Heard Around Acumen Fund
What you might be missing
August 17 – September 21, 2012
Seen & Heard is a collection of recent headlines in the news about our world, our work, and the spaces and places in between. In each post, we also share a list of job openings at Acumen Fund and in our sector. Seen & Heard appears once a month on the blog. For those of you who like keeping a pulse on the latest news as it’s happening, please consider following us on Twitter and Facebook! Finally, if you have ideas for how we can improve Seen & Heard, please don’t be shy and leave a comment below to let us know. Thanks for reading!
- Sachin Rudra joins Acumen Fund as Director of India
- Acumen Fund launches applications for inaugural class of Pakistan Regional Fellows
Articles of the Week
AF and AF Family in the News
- Acumen Fund and Root Capital use a GPS model for measuring social impact
- Acumen Fund and Goldman Sachs partner to train entrepreneurial women
- Jacqueline Novogratz shares how John Gardner influenced her leadership style in a Washington Post video
- d.light design featured in The Economist report on the future of energy technology
- Sproxil partners with Airtel to eliminate counterfeit pharmaceuticals in Africa
- Jacqueline lists 5 international women who are changing the world through social entrepreneurship
Impact Investing in the News
- Social enterprises see $4 billion in investment in 2012
- Can impact investing lift the world out of poverty?
- E+Co restructures and shifts focus to Africa
- A snapshot of the last 10 years of social entrepreneurship
- The world needs more than just social entrepreneurs; they can’t change the world alone
Spotlight: Water and Sanitation
- Water and sanitation are still not top priorities for many African governments
- Bill Gates’ toilet fair seeks to improve world sanitation
- Are people willing to pay for clean, safe drinking water?
Other Relevant Articles:
- “The geography of poverty” shows 80% of very poor live in middle-income countries
- India opens doors to private education for low-income families
- 15 innovations that are transforming the African continent
- Do women still need to prove themselves? The world cannot afford to leave women behind
- Innovation is not the holy grail; transforming innovation from an ideology to a deliberate process
- What successful people do during their first hour of each work day
Jobs at Acumen Fund
Applications for the Acumen Fund Pakistan Fellows Program are open until September 28. Feel free to forward this link to qualified candidates!
Other Jobs – Do you know people in the job market? Tell them about these opportunities:
- Several Openings – Sproxil, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Senior Strategist – Women Deliver, New York, New York
- IT Intern – Ennovent, India
Niklas Peters is a Business Development Analyst at Acumen Fund.