Being an Acumen Partner
At Acumen, we refer to our donors as ‘Partners’ because giving to Acumen is about more than a financial contribution. Our Partners play an integral part in the organization, and we value the expertise and perspective that they bring to the table.
As a Partner, you are invited to participate in events throughout the year where you can connect with other Partners, staff, and entrepreneurs. We go to great lengths to maintain transparency with our Partners, sharing detailed reporting on our portfolio, leadership, and innovation work, and connect individually with Partners throughout the year who are interested in diving deeper into our work.
Designating Your Support
Partners can designate their support to Acumen in a variety of ways including to a specific investment portfolio, to a region where Acumen invests, to our global and sector expansion efforts, or to support our leadership work. Partners can support Acumen with an unrestricted donation, allowing us to allocate your donation to the portfolio, region, or program where it is needed at the time of giving.
As a 501(c)3, all donations to Acumen are tax-deductible. Acumen’s Board of Directors covers 100% of our fundraising and administrative costs, so as a Partner your contribution directly supports investments, post-investment management, metrics, and leadership development.
Our Partners are a core part of our community. Partner engagement opportunities and benefits for Partners include:
- Quarterly Partner-only communications including Portfolio, Sector, and Leadership updates, and Partner Conference Calls.
- Partner Breakfasts and other Partner-only events hosted throughout the year in different Partner geographies.
- Exclusive invitation to our annual Investor Gathering in New York; a full-day meeting to share insights from entrepreneurs, country leaders, portfolio team, and advisors.
- Exclusive invitation to our annual Global Fellows Graduation ceremony in New York; an evening event where Global Fellows share their experiences working on the ground with our investees.
- Partner-only field visits with Acumen team members to visit our regional offices and investee companies where Partners experience first-hand what it takes to develop real innovations for the poor.
- Opportunities for Partners to provide expertise and value to our team and entrepreneurs.