Introducing Acumen’s 2019 Annual Report
Each year, Acumen steps back to reflect on our work, taking stock of what we’ve learned and accomplished in order to accelerate our impact in the year to come. This was a landmark year for Acumen, one in which we saw the pieces of our work come together in new ways. In 2019, we:
- Prepared to expand our reach and ethos with the launch of Acumen Academy, the world’s school for social change.
- Launched new Acumen Fellowship Programs in Bangladesh, Malaysia and Spain led by Regional Partners.
- Spun out Lean DataSM, our approach to impact measurement, to create a new company, 60 Decibels.
- Released the eight Investment Principles that guide Acumen’s work of standing with the poor.
- Invested in 11 new companies tackling some of the world’s toughest challenges.
We are thrilled to share all of this and more in Acumen’s 2019 Annual Report, exploring the breadth and depth of our work—from using investment as a tool for rebuilding peace in post-conflict Colombia to creating pathways to opportunity for India’s workers.
None of this would be possible without our community—from capable staff with the experience needed to tackle the world’s greatest challenges to Partners serving as sounding boards, mentors, board members, advisors and ambassadors. We could not be more grateful for your support.