NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES FOR ACUMEN
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
At Acumen Fund, Inc. (“Acumen”), we understand and appreciate that your decision to choose us for your philanthropic investment is an expression of confidence. You trust us with your investment and you trust us to keep secure any information we obtain from you or about you. We understand that privacy is important, and we are strongly committed to protecting the privacy of both our current and prospective investors as well as visitors to our Website.
WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our primary goals in collecting personal information are to share information about our work, to invite you to events designed to update you on Acumen’s activities, to allow you to request information, and to thank you for your support. However, in order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our Website we collect certain information from users. Please do not provide any sensitive information or health information. If you should do so inadvertently, we will use and disclose that information in the same manner as any other information you provide to us as more fully described below.
In operating our website, we may collect and process the following data or information about you:
- Personally identifiable information:
- If you make a donation to Acumen, we will request personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, address, phone number and email address. We seek such information to facilitate your donation and communicate with you about it. In addition, we may use this information to update you on Acumen’s work and to request your attendance at events such as our Investor Gathering to increase your knowledge of Acumen’s investments, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, and to answer any questions that you may have.
- Unless you specify that a gift be “anonymous” or otherwise request that your name not be listed, we list the names of our Sustaining Partners, Partners & Associate Partners in our Website, brochures and other materials to recognize the generosity of those who support Acumen. We do not sell or rent our donor lists to anyone. We also do not share your personal data with any third parties other than service providers we employ to perform functions on our behalf, such as sending postal mail and email, processing credit card payments and organizing events specifically designed to keep you abreast of Acumen’s activities. These companies and individuals have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but are not authorized to use it for any other purpose.
- If you post a comment on Acumen’s Website, Acumen will collect your name, email address, and your Website (if you choose to share your Website). Acumen may publicly display your name and Website with your comment, but your email address will not be published.
- Non-personal information used primarily to provide an enhanced online experience, including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, including your IP address, the date and time you accessed or left the Website and which pages you viewed, the type of operating system in use [e.g. Macintosh, Windows], the domain name, and the type of browser being used [e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.].
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Acumen will not sell your personal information to third parties. However, Acumen will use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To share or disclose information with your consent.
- To comply with applicable law, regulation or governmental request; protect safety of Acumen, Website users or others; protect the rights or property of Acumen; to comply with contractual obligations of Acumen; and, other instances when Acumen is legally required to disclose your information.
- To share information that is public or does not include personal information, for example, aggregated data or a publicly posted comment.
- To provide you with information relating to our services.
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our website.
- To any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide services to you, including, but not limited to, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our services.
- To a third party if we sell any or all of our business and/or assets to them.
We do not track or collect personally identifiable information about our Website users unless you choose to subscribe for Acumen updates via e-mail and/or make a donation through our Website. Our Website does not have the ability to respond to a ‘do not track’ signal on a user’s browser.
We care about the security of your personal data and we employ commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial security techniques and procedures to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the organization, including encrypting financial donations using SSL. You should be aware, however, that no transmission of data over the Internet is 100% secure and that unauthorized third parties may unlawfully intercept or access private data. You provide us with this information at your own risk.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITE INTERACTION
By accessing other third party websites through our Website you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those third party websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them. We do not have control over whether third parties track a user’s online activities over time and across different websites. We do not have the ability to respond to ‘do not track’ signals in this regard.
USERS ONLY OVER THE AGE OF 13
If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will contact all donors directly, whether in writing, telephonically or via email, and notify all others by posting a prominent announcement on our Website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Lynn Roland, General Counsel
Acumen Fund, Inc.
40 Worth Street, Suite 303
New York, NY 10013
You may also send an email to email@example.com
We would like to thank our donors for selecting Acumen to make philanthropic investments, our prospective partners for considering Acumen and our visitors for taking the time to understand more about Acumen by browsing our Website.